| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2020 Posts: 620 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2020 Posts: 620 | I have a question after reading BlueChipper's study and knowledge about NAPCO 54 -55.1 trucks. I believe he mentioned that his recent 54-3600 had the original white grill with black inserts. Because the discussion was stopped I didn't get to ask my question. Did any 54 0r 55.1 Chevys have white grills? Doc.
Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | 1955-1st series trucks had a white grill as standard equipment. "Same "bull nose" grill as used in 1954; but, this year the entire grill was painted Waldorf White, with black inner bars. The chrome grill had Waldorf White inner bars."
I think that 55st painted grills had black "CHEVROLET" on the top grill bar. I would think that chromed grills had white "CHEVROLET" on top grill bar?
1954 standard "grill is painted body color with Thistle Gray inner bars (on all models, except Commercial Red - Argent Silver inner bars). The chrome grill had Bright White inner bars. White "CHEVROLET" is displayed on the top grill bar. | | |
| |
| |