The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (mick53, 1955 1 Series, klhansen, Shade Baby), 101 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#946797 05/30/2013 11:26 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
I have a 55 (2nd) Suburban and would like to install bucket seats in the 2nd row and a bench for the 3rd row seat. Not using original style seats, they are from a newer suburban, or mini van. My question is, can they be mounted to the wood floor? Would put some plating under the wood floor for support.

I would also like to install carpeting over the wood floor with some dynomat over the wood.

Any advise or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
I know this has been done, sorry no pictures. If I remember right, they cut out the floor brackets from the donor truck and attached them to the wood floor using reinforcements underneath the wood.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119

Why?

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
late model stuff is a lot cheaper than re-doing original seats.
Originally Posted by Miss Church
Why?

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by alltruck72
late model stuff is a lot cheaper than re-doing original seats.
Originally Posted by Miss Church
Why?


And probably more comfortable too. You can get bucket seats with the integrated seat belts that will make the install easier and safer. Not all suburbans have to look alike, it's the differences that make them popular.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
Am not trying to be a smart/azz but how many times do you expect to have seven people (6 passengers) in your Burb on a trip long enough to require such comfort?

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
I have 6 grand kids that love this burb and will be going on runs with me.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
We suburban owners are a breed of our own. It doesn't matter how many people are in the truck at one time, we want to have all of the seating available all of the time.


Integrated third row seat 2000 - 05 Suburban Yukon XL Leather Third 3RD Row Seat OEM

Integrated bucket seats 1999 - 2006-Chevy-Tahoe-Silverado-Suburban-Power-BUCKET-SEATS I like these because it looks like you can remove the headrests when not in use for better visibility.

I do not know the width of these or if they will fit without alterations, but I have seen them used before.

anchor bolts

Thanks, MNSMITH for hosting the pictures!

Last edited by GMONIZ; 05/31/2013 8:58 PM. Reason: added information
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Thanks for the photos, George

I am installing seat belts in my original-seat Suburban. But, long trips on those seats is a pain in the . . .

If I was going to change the seats for kids, those integrated seats seem to be a a very comfortable and safe set-up.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 177
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 177
when i put the 3rd row seat in my 65 i cut the mounting pockets out of the 99 suburban and mounted them in the floor. that way it is easy to remove the seat if you want to for storage

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
George,

What year did those come out of?

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by leonard
when i put the 3rd row seat in my 65 i cut the mounting pockets out of the 99 suburban and mounted them in the floor. that way it is easy to remove the seat if you want to for storage


Pictures would help. I know this can be done, I couldn't find clear enough pictures to show it.

I changed the information on the seats to show what they are from. If someone could host these pictures they will be saved for future reference ...........g

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
lEONARD,
Do you have any pictures of your install?

GMONIZ,
Those are the seats I've been looking at. Already installed the front seats from a mid 90's Extended cab. They lean forward and then slide for easy access to the back.


Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
Those seats look great. Hopefully Leonard can post some pictures of his install. I would like to have comfortable seats that are easy to install/remove.

Right now I'm sitting hear trying to figure out how to put some scrap pallets in the back of my burb. Would be much easier to do if I could just "unsnap" the seats and remove them. Having to crawl around and unscrew the wing nuts and then not lose them is a pain.

I want to be able to pile the family (5 of us) in the burb when I need to, but I still want to be able to quickly pull the seats when cargo carrying is necessary. Call me greedy!!


Thanks

Larry
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 177
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 177
i no longer have the suburban what i did was cut the mounting brackets out of the floor of a 99 suburban about 4 "extra. then cut a slot in the floor of my 65 . then made a plate to go under the floor and mounted them with carraige bolts i used the third seat from the 99 sububan. so the third seat mounts just like it did in the 99 suburban

Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 25
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 25
If you changed out your middle and rear suburban seats, how about you be a good chap and sell me your old ones? Ill pay a fair price and shipping.

Mark

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Mark, buying and selling in the Garage Forums is prohibited by Stovebolt.com rules. Please conduct business by PM or email. Many members list their email address in their profile.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Mark I informed you and hour ago that buying and selling should not be done in this forum.

"Regarding: "Can you and will you make a middle and rear seat for someone?"

Please continue this discussion in Private Messages and/or email.

You might not be able to use Private Message until you have made around five posts (about your trucks - or truck-related questions)."


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0