The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Buckeye998, WICruiser), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
I swapped in my Chevy 292 into my '54 3100. I am running 12bolt's dual exhaust manifolds, which lead to a 2 1/4" head pipe. I'm no exhaust expert, and the local shops have been less than helpful.
This was my plan/though process.
Exhaust manifolds to 2 1/4 pipes, muffler just behind the cab. Then reducing down to 2" tailpipes.
I was looking at the Brockman steel/glasspacks, and running true dual exhaust out the back.

Is this a good plan? Should I keep 2 1/4 pipes for the tailpipe, should I reduce it to 2" (thinking that the exhaust gasses would be cooling down at this point so a smaller pipe would be sufficient). Help!

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,215
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,215
The farther forward the mufflers are, the louder the exhaust will be. 2 1/4 down to 2 will work just fine, just remember, the engine used to run one single pipe.

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 308
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 308
I had dual exhaust coming straight out the rear on my 49 and 51, then I bought to spare tire carriers, and had to move the exhaust out behind the rear fenders. Don't make my mistake if you are going to install a spare tire carrier--Bill


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0