The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shaffer's1950, Southerntruck, Gdads51, John Dlugos, FAST55, TexasJim50, F100Ranger), 154 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,378
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
I've searched but can't find a post on how to remove the front fenders and grille as an assembly. Does anyone know where I can see the job done?

I've read the shop manual but am still fuzzy on it and would like pictures.

Also, is a hex head capscrew the same as a nut?

Thanks.


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
Here's a link to a video I created a couple years ago. Should be helpful.

Removing the Front Clip


Greg Brown
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
Wow!! That is really great. Thanks a million.


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,074
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,074
Originally Posted by Wally / Montana
Also, is a hex head capscrew the same as a nut?
No, a hex head capscrew (also known as a bolt) is what the nut screws on to.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 121
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 121
Greg, Great video. I have a question not related to the front clip removal. What size tires do you have on this pickup. I have a 1947 Chevy 3100 with the stock 6.50x16 narrow tires and I want to go to a wider flatter look. I am thinking about either 215x85R16 or 225x75R16. Thanks, ray

Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by bucktruck
Greg, Great video. I have a question not related to the front clip removal. What size tires do you have on this pickup. I have a 1947 Chevy 3100 with the stock 6.50x16 narrow tires and I want to go to a wider flatter look. I am thinking about either 215x85R16 or 225x75R16. Thanks, ray

They're Goodyear Wrangler HT - Size LT215/85R-16. I have them on 16"x6" wheels with a 3-3/4" backspacing. I attached a couple pictures with different perspectives.
Attachments
5GPB5704.jpg (276.38 KB, 99 downloads)
WP_20180831_13_58_52_Pro.jpg (184.11 KB, 98 downloads)


Greg Brown

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0