The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TrknGMC, Cletus1950, Charles in CA, dt235sd, Peggy M), 199 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137301 02/24/2007 6:08 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
I installed a Mustang II IFS some time ago and have a problem with it. I finally got the lower a-frames to sit level, but when I did the uppers are pointing dow at a pretty sharp angle, maybe about 45 degrees. Just wondering if anyone makes a spindle that is taller than an original(probably not). I think I got some wrong parts with this kit. The guy who put it in had done others before this and has done others since and has never had this problem. Should have gone with Fatmans or Heidts instead of trying to help out a local shop. Thanx.


My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
#137302 02/24/2007 7:09 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
I just installed a heidts IFS and when I first set it on the ground for the first time both the uppers and lowers where pointing down too but after I instslled the motor & trans. Its starting to settle down level. I got 450lb springs with mine instead of the 325lb along with the stock height spindles and thought that I had messed up but its ok now. If you check my pics you can see the angle control arms before and after,


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


#137303 02/25/2007 3:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Sorry to hear of your trouble here. I hope it works out like Tabdoo16 believes. I will be installing my IFS this week. I ordered a Heidts because I think the two most important and cridical parts of the truck are the IFS and the rear springs. I bought my rear spring kit from TCI.


~Jim
#137304 03/04/2007 1:41 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
tabdoo16,
Checked out your pix. I had the opposite problem. My lower a-frames where angled up instead of down. I'm installing a new sway bar from RBs. It looks a lot thicker than the original Mustang II sway bar that I used. I'm wondering if that may make a difference: making the a-frames angle down some. I won't know 'til next month when I'm able to get the ol' girl out of storage.


My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
#137305 03/04/2007 2:50 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
pablos49,
I'm sorry I thought it was the other way around Ive never heard or seen that. I Hope the sway bar works out for you.
Good luck and keep us posted


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


#137306 03/04/2007 3:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 262
I got some special made springs and it made the lowers sit even, but there's hardly any give in the front end. The saga continues!


My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0