| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, lumbersawyer, Nick in Manitou, papas52, RaNfLaS, Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible),
164
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,098 Posts1,056,163 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | I picked up a power steering box from a mid 80s pickup for my 70 C10.
My questions: Should I rebuild it? I am quite capable I believe. It can’t be any harder than a 50’s manual steering or a hydraulic ram... Recommendations for a rebuild kit? Advice? This would be my personal option. Then I can paint it as I see fit, know what’s in its heart, save money, get satisfaction, etc.
Core exchange it for rebuilt one? This seems stupid if I can do it, and ridiculously expensive for what you’re actually get. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | The PS box you have will have metric fittings. I think SAE went up to 1979. I don’t have any info on rebuild kits. | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,067 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,067 | The PS box you have will have metric fittings. Don't you mean metric FASTENERS? Tubing fittings will still be fractional sizes (they are on my '99 truck).
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | |
| |
| |