The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (cmayna, Ponchogl, Hotrod Lincoln), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,351
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 42
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 42
Hi Guys, I'm just going through a rewire on my 53 1/2 ton I bought and I see I don't have a neutral safety switch. I have a 350 turbo trans. Dose anybody have a simple solution?
Thanks
Don

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
The neutral safety and backup light switch is usually on the shifter. Check with the Genie shifter folks to see what they offer.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
The hot rod guys that run steering columns without a neutral switch or floor shifters fab one up under the car where the shifter arm goes to the tranny. a simple n/c switch with a rubber booth works great. Fab it so you can get a little adjustment so it will work as you would like it to. You can't pass the safety inspection for the National Street Rod Assoc. without one.


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I think Lokar might make one that will work. Have a look at their catalouge


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
I just installed a Lokar neutral safety switch this past week. It was a neutral safety switch and backup light relay setup. We didn't use the backup relay though. Their instructions were bad though,had to call them twice for more info. on the installation. If you get a lokar give me an email and I will direct you thru the hookup.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0