The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Swami29, StevenO, 55shaker, 1946chevytruck), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,604
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1366253 06/24/2020 5:21 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
I thought I had this posted this a.m. There is the possibility that I did not submit properly. My 235 set with bad gas for about six weeks. The newly rebuilt model"B" only had about an hour on it, engine ran like a sewing machine previously. It was advised to drain tank. fuel lines and filters. Started on pure no alcohol white gas, ran horrible. My friend at NAPA told me to run Sea Foam in it. I did and it ran bad of coarse but then I stalled the engine. Took new plugs out and they looked fuzzy black. I cleaned them off but still will not run. A friend of mine told me to bring plugs to him and he will clean them with a spark plug sand blaster. However the cylinders are are very wet with Sea Foam. any suggestions? Doc.


Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
If you clean the plugs with a sandblaster be very careful that you get the silica/ sand off it can score cylinders if it gets washed into the cylinders Spark plugs are so cheap I would just replace them and soak the old ones and clean them and put them back as a backup.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,107
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,107
Originally Posted by Doc.Hall
I thought I had this posted this a.m.
It was yesterday Here


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
After draining, etc., did you use non-ethanol gasoline from the pump or "white gas" such as found in Coleman fuel? That's what I always associate with white gas but that term is applied to different fuels.


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
WE b OLD & Wally Montana thanks, buying new plugs and I buy my white gas at our local WAWA gas pump. klhansen, good to know. Doc.


Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
Thanks again, Used baking soda instead of black sand. Could have become a big problem, your quick replies helped. Ed


Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 114
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 114
I always thought Sea foam was snake oil, but I bought a Samurai that had sat for years, would die at almost every stop light, I added a whole bottle of SF after dealing with this for a month of driving it every day......,like magic it went away, IM thinking just some varnish in the tank


woof359 Family 1952 3100 5 Window

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0