The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (3800rao, IHPWR, Lightholder's Dad, Leo, Gdads51, 1 invisible), 84 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,344
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Ok folks, I just deleted two posts that had nothing to do with tools. Please stay on topic.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Nice, Brad

Is the "cooler" in the bed (3rd photo) bolted/attached to anything (to keep it from sliding around)?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Yes it has a bolt through the center and padded feet to keep it in place. Removes quick if I need the room. The cooler is a cut down (not by me) 1939 Westinghouse Jr. Ice.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
thumbs_up

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 59
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 59
Brad
you give me a good idea for storing tools outside the cab
I’ve got an old yellow us jerricans that I will transformed into a tools box fixed at the same place you do .it’s a lost place
More safe
Alain

Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
I have looked but I have not found where the jack is stored in my 54-3100, under the seat is my best guess. The bed has a special factory slot for the handle, anyone know? Doc


Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Depending on the 1954 3000 model, in an under-seat/underfloor compartment.
I'd put it in a heavy canvas bag.

Supposedly a 30" x 19" x 6" tool box was under the seat was standard equipment.
Has anyone seen one?

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Online: Content
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Tim,
I may be wrong but I recall Chevrolet literature referring to the space under the seat cushion as a "tool box". I am not aware of an actual box or something extra to store tools. I keep the jack, handle and fire extinguisher under the seat in that space. This is all sitting on an old towel to keep things from rattling. I like your heavy canvas bag idea.
Kent

P.S. I found it. Page 21 of my 1951 Truck Data Book Model 3104 Tool Box--Under Seat, 50" x 19 1/2" x 6"
It is listed for all the models with a cab as standard equipment.

Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 05/23/2020 5:04 PM.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
You beat me to it, Dad

As you know, under seat storage spaces/areas are different sizes in several different series/sized trucks.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
My '54 GMC has a perch for the jack behind the driver's left elbow in the corner behind the seat. Space for tools under the seat.

Ed
Attachments
IMG_0901.JPG (355.81 KB, 45 downloads)


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
My ‘57 3200 has a spot behind drivers seat too in corner of cab. I just use my truck as a daily driver locally, never more than 20 miles away, so I don’t carry a spare or jack. Just keep my wife on speed dial. I plan to make a bracket to keep a fire extinguisher in that spot.


1957 Chevy 3200
Daily Driver
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights/backup lights/interior courtesy lights.
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
DES57,

If you are referring to a lower rear cab corner, be sure the "weep hole" (drain "eyelet"/opening") is clear/open.

That location is a convenient location. Easily accessible, when something is needed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0