The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, WICruiser, Gray_Ghost), 182 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1360072 05/13/2020 3:36 AM
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
Hello,

I’m looking for information on the radiator for a 1940 1/2 ton.

Is this part part of the radiator?

Is this part available?

Can it be rebuilt?

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments
7B9BF637-8460-49AA-8EA3-50B459FB3A19.jpeg (155.04 KB, 144 downloads)


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Don't know what that goes to but not a '40. The filler comes out the top. It is accessed through the hole in the curved sheet metal piece that goes over the radiator. I'll check the number on mine and let you know tomorrow if that would be helpful.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
Looks like something added to a system , non factory for Chev .
Attachments
Feb 2014 018.jpg (252.49 KB, 133 downloads)

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
Thanks,

Mike


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
Here is another picture of the radiator. It’s a Harrison radiator.
I would like to know what type of vehicle it came from. I found it in a box of parts for my 1940 1/2 ton truck.
If it is returned to service, how do you repair/replace the cap locking unit on the filler neck?

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
I am wondering if that radiator is for a flat faced cowl or utility body. That might move the filler neck inside the vehicle. I also thought about a COE but that seems to move the filler neck so that it would be less accessible. Also, consider industrial applications.
Kent


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
Apparently it belongs to a GMC 1940 truck. The radiator sits forward of the overhead support and requires a front mount with an extension..

Mike

Last edited by Rabaut; 06/06/2020 3:21 PM.

1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 620
Rabaut, I'm looking for that type of radiator, is it a 3 core? I need the tanks and will have Orlando Radiator replace the core. I want to put it in my 34 Dodge p/u. It has a 440 Mopar Super Wedge NASCAR engine (4 piece hood closes). It needs a GMC 40's era Harrison radiator according to my calculation's. Never listen to the aluminum radiator being better folks. If you are interested in selling let me know I believe it will fit. Doc


Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Doc, are you talking Dodges on a Chevy/GMC site? nono


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0