The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
I purchased a front license plate mounting bracket from LMC for my ‘57 3200. I can’t figure out how to mount it. There is one unused hole in the front bumper but every picture I’ve seen of ‘57 trucks with front plate had it on top of bumper in front of grill. Any ideas, photos of your bracket, mounting holes, etc would be appreciated.
Attachments
BEE95D11-726D-4F7D-BDD2-7FE0E98230ED.jpeg (182.62 KB, 213 downloads)
42C04135-95F4-4A82-9C00-7810B1D30042.jpeg (166.86 KB, 210 downloads)

Last edited by DES57; 04/30/2020 3:12 AM.

1957 Chevy 3200
Daily Driver
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights/backup lights/interior courtesy lights.
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
Originally Posted by DES57
I purchased a front license plate mounting bracket from LMC for my ‘57 3200. I can’t figure out how to mount it. There is one unused hole in the front bumper but every picture I’ve seen of ‘57 trucks with front plate had it on top of bumper in front of grill. Any ideas, photos of your bracket, mounting holes, etc would be appreciated.
I don't have a 57 3200 but looking at these photos it looks like your bracket may mount to the sheet metal behind the bumper making the plate set just above the bumper. I'm sure someone else will have more knowledge of this than I do.
Attachments


"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
Follow in the DITY
Veteran of the USAF
My Website
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
Thank you olezippi! The picture with the bumper off tells it all. I haven’t had my bumper off to see those holes. I plan to paint the truck this year, so I might have discovered the holes then, but previous owner could have filled them in. I’ll crawl under later today and see if they exist.

UPDATE: I crawled under and the holes are there. I added pic. Thanks again! This forum, you guys, are awesome.

UPDATE 2: I got the plate mounted. Picture added. Thanks again olezippi. I hope this post can help some other newbie.
Attachments
4468688C-5726-4F38-9229-4A98BB20FB64.jpeg (189.24 KB, 149 downloads)

Last edited by DES57; 04/30/2020 6:03 PM. Reason: Update with pic

1957 Chevy 3200
Daily Driver
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights/backup lights/interior courtesy lights.
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 464
Originally Posted by DES57
I purchased a front license plate mounting bracket from LMC for my ‘57 3200. I can’t figure out how to mount it. There is one unused hole in the front bumper but every picture I’ve seen of ‘57 trucks with front plate had it on top of bumper in front of grill. Any ideas, photos of your bracket, mounting holes, etc would be appreciated.
Looks good. Glad it worked out.


"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
Follow in the DITY
Veteran of the USAF
My Website
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
DES57
The FAM, Section 14, Sheet 2 shows that bracket & mounting. Ditto what Olezippi said and what you finally found
delky dave in WYO


1957, 3100, v8
2016 gmc 4wd
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 251
Thanks delky! I have a shop manual but I didn’t know there was a Factory Assembly Manual. I found it online and saved it to my ebooks. I found the section/sheet you referenced. I might purchase a paper copy someday.


1957 Chevy 3200
Daily Driver
PS, A/C, Tilt column, Rebuilt 350, Rebuilt TH350, Reupholstered Bench Seat, sound proof/insulated, LED headlights/taillights/backup lights/interior courtesy lights.
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by DES57
Thank you olezippi! The picture with the bumper off tells it all. I haven’t had my bumper off to see those holes. I plan to paint the truck this year, so I might have discovered the holes then, but previous owner could have filled them in. I’ll crawl under later today and see if they exist.

UPDATE: I crawled under and the holes are there. I added pic. Thanks again! This forum, you guys, are awesome.

UPDATE 2: I got the plate mounted. Picture added. Thanks again olezippi. I hope this post can help some other newbie.

Thanks for the feedback, Des! Made my day (and its only 0712) smile

Thanks, everyone.
smile


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0