The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Rick Brown, DadsFirstPickup, Robert Crandall, JakeM), 128 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,239
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
I've been busy the last two weeks try'n to clip a 56 3100,Man,even after what I thought was extensive research and study'n up on this process its been a real *****!!!!!!!!!All of the stuff we used(so far)is stuff that was lay'n around the shop and out back so this deal would be as thrifty as possible,This is my first time to tackle this and from other post I have read about this project not being real difficult,I'm start'n to worry about my ability's to work on anything because this is eat'n my lunch!!!!! The way it sits now(after two full weeks) the clip is on,welded and straight.The 327 is bolted in along with the th350(that whole motor thing like to gave me a nervouse break down)but now I have to do just a small bit of trim'n because of clearence probs. where the tunnel curves up to the fire wall(about an inch) New trans mount built,12 bolt rear under it also straight(I hope!)and new drive shaft in it.The hard stuff is over!, I thought,this is going to be a pain in the but for atleast another 2 weeks to finish.I'll put some pix up so you guy's can critisize and point out all the stuff that I did wrong and prolly need to change! With my frame of mind the past two weeks,I forgot all about taken pictures.


1949 Styleline Special
1972 K5 Blazer
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5
I too have been doing an S-10 swap,and to get thing right its alot more involved than a couple posts and pics,But just think when you get all done then you can start on the body work,if your truck is in the same condition as mine. I do not get dicouraged I just walk away and start again,challenging and rewarding,but ya a lot of work and I draw alot on paper,and do a lot of templetes out of cardboard,that seem to save alot of time and cutting and grinding,good luck Scott

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
I have a little over a fingers worth of clearance from the floor to the tranny,I was going to trim useing the indention where the shifter cover bolts into the floor just at the top or do you think a 1/2 inch is enough room? I have had the motor running and was hit'n the throtttle pretty hard and it never hit,but that was without the load of have'n to pull the truck. Think I need to trim or leave it alone?
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/jlcwhitworth/th_theshop006.jpg[/img]


1949 Styleline Special
1972 K5 Blazer
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 26
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 26
Burnt, when I first modified my floor pan I was asked what kind of tranny I planned on using. Because I planned on having a late model tranny it was suggested that I create a small tranny tunnel to create clearance. I ended up going with *****in Products entire front floor pan, but the tranny hole cover is basically two trapezoid pieces of sheet metal with two parallel bends in it. Then face the two open ends towards each other with one on the two board on the other over the tranny hole. Then you can cut that piece out of the two board that is causing the clearance problem. Its not a good picture and the body work isn't finished but you can sort of see the tranny hump in this pic. http://www.shsu.edu/~ucs_maf/truck/pics/cab2.jpg

I'll try and get better pics and a diagram of the sheet metal.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 16
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 16
1/2 inch clearance is plenty; as long as air flows around the trans you'll be ok.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0