This truck was towed to my grandmas house in 2006 then trailered to my house in 2015.
This past weekend I finally got my 1956 6100 261 fired up. Replaced all the ignition parts, rebuilt the carburetor, put in a battery, rigged up a temp gas tank, checked the oil, added coolant and started cranking.
This is after about 15-20 minuets (I'll spare you that boring video) of starting and stalling as I worked to get the carb adjusted.
I was so motivated after getting it running that I immediately started tearing apart the front brakes.
Hi Doug, I can almost smell and hear the old girl running. Your truck and mine are brothers, same GVWR, but mine is a grain box. We need to swap lies sometime since we're only a few miles from each other, I'm about 8 miles south of Stockbridge just east of 52.
1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Hi Doug, I can almost smell and hear the old girl running. Your truck and mine are brothers, same GVWR, but mine is a grain box. We need to swap lies sometime since we're only a few miles from each other, I'm about 8 miles south of Stockbridge just east of 52.
That's cool. If I ever need some in person trouble shooting I'll be sure to drop you a line.