I think my wife and I are done with the Ah-ooo-Gah Horn. We had it in our 37 and now in out 49 pickup. Looking for a nice low tone horn for our 49 pickup. We kinda like the looks of the horns in the pics. I assume they come from the 30's or 40's. Show us what do you have in your AD?
"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem" 1949 5 Window 3100 Follow in the DITY Veteran of the USAF My Website
The switch to a single "sea shell" style horn on the intake manifold took place in 1953. In 1954, the single "sea shell" style horn was mounted low, forward of the radiator housing (it cannot easily be seen)..
This horn may not be aftermarket, but I did a quick search on eBay and I believe this is close to what is in your pictures.
Go to eBay and type in "Original 1947-53 Chevrolet GMC Pickup Truck Trumpet Horn 6V OEM Delco GM".
...and Tim, thanks for helping to confirm that the horn on my truck is most likely original to my truck. It is the "sea shell" type and located exactly as you described.
Cruisin' in the Passing Lane Former owner of a 1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic "To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius
A warning/heads-up to members looking for a "sea shell" type horn for a truck:
The attachment studs on the similar car "sea shell" horns are in a different location on the horn-body compared the stud-location on the "sea shell" horns used on trucks (used on trucks as regular equipment in 53-55st and used in the truck accessory/optional dual horns in several Advance-Design years).
A warning/heads-up to members looking for a "sea shell" type horn for a truck:
The attachment studs on the similar car "sea shell" horns are in a different location on the horn-body compared the stud-location on the "sea shell" horns used on trucks (used on trucks as regular equipment in 53-55st and used in the truck accessory/optional dual horns in several Advance-Design years).
Duly noted.
Cruisin' in the Passing Lane Former owner of a 1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic "To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius
This horn may not be aftermarket, but I did a quick search on eBay and I believe this is close to what is in your pictures.
Go to eBay and type in "Original 1947-53 Chevrolet GMC Pickup Truck Trumpet Horn 6V OEM Delco GM".
...and Tim, thanks for helping to confirm that the horn on my truck is most likely original to my truck. It is the "sea shell" type and located exactly as you described.
Thanks. I saw that one. I was unable to contact the seller.
"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem" 1949 5 Window 3100 Follow in the DITY Veteran of the USAF My Website
This horn may not be aftermarket, but I did a quick search on eBay and I believe this is close to what is in your pictures.
Go to eBay and type in "Original 1947-53 Chevrolet GMC Pickup Truck Trumpet Horn 6V OEM Delco GM".
...and Tim, thanks for helping to confirm that the horn on my truck is most likely original to my truck. It is the "sea shell" type and located exactly as you described.
I went back to the link you gave above this morning an when I click on contact seller it will not let me sign on through Ebay or Facebook. I can sign on to both but when I try it through the ad it won't let me. I thinking it's a scam so I give up on that one.
"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem" 1949 5 Window 3100 Follow in the DITY Veteran of the USAF My Website
I started a new thread and placed a link in the eBay and Craigslist links forum for the horn and it appears to be working. I did not see the problem, but I did not actually try to contact the seller. (I pulled it up but did not go through with contacting the seller it since I do not actually need the horn.) If it does appear to be a scam though then eBay needs to know about it.
Good luck.
Cruisin' in the Passing Lane Former owner of a 1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic "To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius
I started a new thread and placed a link in the eBay and Craigslist links forum for the horn and it appears to be working. I did not see the problem, but I did not actually try to contact the seller. (I pulled it up but did not go through with contacting the seller it since I do not actually need the horn.) If it does appear to be a scam though then eBay needs to know about it.
Good luck.
Thanks man. I was able to contact the seller.
"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem" 1949 5 Window 3100 Follow in the DITY Veteran of the USAF My Website
I'm pretty sure I have what you are looking for on a 48 1-1/2 ton. I'll check it today and then PM you if I do.
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Is one of these what you are looking for. The price will sound way high BUT, you have to take the complete truck with it! PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Well Ed, I guess I like the color red! I even married a Redhead!
Good to hear Ole that you found the one you wanted. Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!