The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Tronman, wilbur53, Jon G, GMCJammer51, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 85 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,569
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
It has been so long [6 years] since I took my buckets and park lights off for later paint and repair [1946 Chevy] that I have forgotten how the retaining clips hold the rubber seal in place. I think they go thru' one of the 3 rectangular holes in the bracket [sub body] that allows for adjustment - the one with 2 adjusting screws and also held in place by the spring/s. I looked in the stovebolt 'tech' section but didn't see anything there. My original shop manual didn't help either. Can someone help? Maybe even a photo?
thanks,
lane


sweetpealane
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 790
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 790
Check out this video from Classic Truck Parts: Headlight Rim Seal


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
thanks Andy ........... now I remember where the old ones were ............. but for the life of me that memory was long gone


sweetpealane

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0