Does anyone have a picture they can share of a heater shut off valve installed on a 216 or 235 engine? I want to install one and need to know the proper way to go about it.
It will work on either the output port on the thermostat housing or the return port on the water pump. I put mine on the output port to take the pressure off of my heater core.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
I used an inline shutoff that can be controlled from inside the cab. I used an old throttle knob and cable. It can be opened or closed fully or somewhere in between if the situation calls for it. The valve can be found for a number of applications. This particular one found on ebay and was listed for a Hummer.
It will work on either the output port on the thermostat housing or the return port on the water pump. I put mine on the output port to take the pressure off of my heater core.
Tiny, Is that the correct gray for the 216? Much darker than I would have guessed.
I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!
I found a article on Hagerty that discussed the 47-1st edition 54 Chevy's that spoke with an old factory guy that stated that there was no set color code at the factory. They just tried to get some shade of medium gray, sometime's it worked sometime's it didn't. It all depended on lighting, time of day (or night), and temperature. Funny. The more I study about these old truck's the more entertaining it gets. I have seen some original Blue Flame 235's that were painted grey (54 only), it seems that a relatively coordinated effort was made to standardized GM blue. But wait there is more! GM orange on later 235's then 230.
Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.