Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,175 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2019 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2019 Posts: 37 | Hello. New to the site as of yesterday. I bought a 1947 3100 back in the summer. I have restored a couple of other vehicles but don't know much about the 3100's. I'm sure I will have some questions in trying to get it restored back to original condition. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
1947 3100
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Good morning and Welcome to the Stovebolt. You are now a member of the Southern Bolters! I live in Spartanburg, well, actually Boiling Springs, S.C. and we have quite a few southern bolters around here. I eat with one off Pelham rd. in Greenville quite often and there are many more around..... Grey Court and many down across the Georgia line!
Visit here often and watch for us. I have had Southern Stovebolt reunions at my house but its been a while. I'm going to try plan one in the spring or early summer so keep check.
Any questions you may have be sure to ask them in the most likely garage forum for best results.The "AD" style pickup like the one you have is well represented here so don't be shy.....and no such things as a stupid question here. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 | Welcome to the 'bolt. There are experts in every forum that will answer the applicable questions for you. Merry Christmas
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,396 Crusty Old Sarge | | Crusty Old Sarge Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,396 | Welcome to the BOLT, glad to have another Southern Fried Truck on the site.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400"The Book of Thor"Read the story in the DITY1960 Chevrolet C10"A Family Heirloom"Follow the story in the DITY Gallery'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting) If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 231 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 231 | Welcome! Brother Alvin is the glue that holds us bolters from the Southland together. Merry Christmas All! 1963 Chevy C-10 Fleetside 1970 C-30 Dump Truck 2025 Silverado High Country 2500 Diesel 2012 Indian Chief Vintage serial #002 motorcycle 1946 Indian Chief, 1947 Indian Chief w/sidecar,2014 Indian Chieftain, 2015 Indian Scout | | |
| |