The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series), 231 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1335553 11/28/2019 1:57 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
Good evening all,

I had been wanting a Fulton 800 for my 1949 half ton panel but just wasn't ready to pay what they are going for. Man they have really increased in price over the past 6 or 7 years. But I gave up and bought a pretty nice one and thought I would share a photo. It's just mocked up for the photo.

Kevin
Attachments
Fulton Sunvisor.jpg (117.8 KB, 288 downloads)
Fulton 2.jpg (59.82 KB, 169 downloads)

Last edited by kthomas; 11/28/2019 11:52 PM.

1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Lookin good.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Lookin good.

Thanks!

Kevin


1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Good looking indeed! I'm kind of partial to Fultons myself. grin If you're wanting to keep the front edge as high as you're showing you'll need to fabricate a longer front brace rod. That's what we did on mine to avoid the sleepy sombrero look that most Fultons have. The back bracket will reach the divider bar but the front one won't. It's not difficult to fab one.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
Doesn't that become a wing....if you get rolling fast enough...lol

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Lifting at speed makes the steering lighter.🤣


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
Yeah it makes you get up on the wheel. drive

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 480
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 480
Love the Fultons. Here's mine temporarily set up on my cab (before I put the cab on the frame). I need to adjust the doors to get enough room at the top to mount it now.

Tim
Attachments
fulton drivers 1a.jpg (79.09 KB, 176 downloads)


I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur ( https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.

Tim
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by bluesman
Love the Fultons. Here's mine temporarily set up on my cab (before I put the cab on the frame). I need to adjust the doors to get enough room at the top to mount it now.

Tim

Tim,

Looks like you mastered getting it up high enough. I have mine set at the highest adjustment on the dog bones, but mine don't look like it goes up as high under the drip rail as yours does.


Kevin


1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Lifting at speed makes the steering lighter.🤣

Hahaha!

Kevin


1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Kevin, you'll need to massage the upper leg on the dogbone brackets to get it high enough. That's what we had to do to mine. The "correct" bracket for that body style has the upper leg farther down the bracket which raised the visor enough to allow enough air to pass through.
Attachments
IMG_0539.jpg (76.73 KB, 125 downloads)
IMG_0540.jpg (63.58 KB, 124 downloads)

Last edited by Tiny; 11/29/2019 1:09 PM.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 313
Originally Posted by Tiny
Kevin, you'll need to massage the upper leg on the dogbone brackets to get it high enough. That's what we had to do to mine. The "correct" bracket for that body style has the upper leg farther down the bracket which raised the visor enough to allow enough air to pass through.

Oh ok!

Thank you Tiny!

Kevin


1953 3100 with 1957 235, T5 and 12 bolt 373 rear

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0