The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (1955 1 Series, klhansen, John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible), 219 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1334800 11/22/2019 3:25 PM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
Hello everyone,
I've been watching this forum for quite awhile now and I finally joined.
I'm a semi-retired home inspector in the Rockford IL area setting myself up with a project that I've been dreaming about. My wife and I were both born in 51 and I'm a Chevy lover as well as a passion for pickups. So......I made the leap and bought a 51 3100 that I rescued from a hot rod project. I want a street driver that looks close to original but needs to ride good. This baby is in pieces and boxes. Even the frame is stripped down. I'll be seeking lots of help and advice from y'all. Let the fun begin!
Attachments
IMG_20191118_125748925.jpg (1.23 MB, 208 downloads)

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. You are now at the right place to get that baby together and running. Our forums here cover everything you can imagine...and then some!!
Just be sure to ask questions in the most appropiate garage forums (not here in the welcome center) and the experts here will give you all the help you need. We are here to help.

.......there are also other bolters in IL, that may be just around the corner. I can think of a couple like in Sandwich and Melrose Pk area, and others. Enjoy the journey.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake
Remember, you rescued the truck from someone’s failed project. Don’t you be the “Someone” for the next guy. Even just a few minutes a day will move the project forward.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
Welcome aboard! Good find....in fact you are much better off finding it this way...the adventure is just getting started. Its all exposed no hidden agendas. thumbs_up

Last edited by Apache1; 11/22/2019 3:50 PM.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt. In reference to horsen's comment, I was talking to an olde feller about his sweet ride. He built it himself. I asked something along the lines of how long did it take? He said he worked on it for a MINIMUM of 15 minutes EVERY DAY... more often than not much longer though..


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
That cab looks solid. Great score and welcome. thumbs_up

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Welcome from another IL bolter. Quite a few of us from the Prairie State. Good luck with your project. Seriously, you're going to need it. As others have said, patience will be required, and don't try to do it all at once. You may get discouraged.


Professional Novice
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 122
Welcome! Another sweet '51 5-window 3100. Enjoy making it your truck, your way. Good luck!!


Charlie

'51 3100 5-Window (Restomod in progress)
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Welcome Illinois, Yankabilly here, I now live in Tn. Retired from Belvidere, Il., I have a 1948 GMC.

Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Hello Alvin, Yankabilly here, Not been viewing in awhile,
Now today had to get a temp
Passwords to log on(forgot my password) do they make someone start over if not logged on for awhile? Regards.
Yankabilly.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Yankabilly, not that I know of.
I have had extended time when I was not able to come here but my old password still works.
However, back sometime ago we did have a glitch and they sent me a temporary password, which I have now been using for several years.
You still have the option once you get signed back in, to change your password to what you want.
Keep trucking brother.


.... I notice you have only 3 post and new members are moderated for the first 5 post before you can send PM's and a couple ohter things but i feel sure that has nothing to do with your password.

also, I noticed 51Gib started this thread in the welcome centre and I should probably move this and make it a thread of its own but since you have already "been here" I'll leave it alone and I'm sure you'll get the message here where you posted.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 12/16/2019 9:08 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0