| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,713 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,970 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,970 | Okay, I have been playing with A-D trucks for 30 years and I still have much to learn.  I know from reading the shop manual that the cab mounting changed from 3-point to 4-point in 49. All I have had were 50 and later. Is it difficult to mount a 47-48 Cab on a 49-later Frame? Anyone done this, and what is the best way to do this? Thankshttp://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0101.htm
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,117 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,117 | The best way to do that would be to get the rear cab mount shackles from a '49 and later cab and install them on the earlier cab. Unless you're working on a concours restoration (probably not since you're using an "incorrect" frame  )
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 52 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 52 | I think I have the rear shackles off my '49. I used doughnuts. If you want, I'll look Rick [email protected] | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,970 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,970 | Thanks guys. So far, my question is hypothetical.
Professional Novice
| | |
| |
| |