The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Guitplayer, TUTS 59, IHPWR), 185 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,227
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1332450 11/03/2019 7:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,101
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,101
Does anyone know the inside diameter of the Cowl Vent drain hose. Mine was hard and brittle and fell off. I went to order one but I hate paying $10 shipping for a piece of hose that cost $3.75. Especially when I can get it at my local auto parts store if I know the size needed.

I guess I can crawl under the dash and try to get a measurement but I was hoping someone might know.
Attachments
CowlVent.jpg (29.45 KB, 128 downloads)


Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
I believe I used 5/8" heater hose for mine.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
The hose has a bend in it and is a thin walled. It also hangs at an angle as shown.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129474877/in/album-72157631868452754/


Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Used clear pvc tubing on mine


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
Just measured mine. 7/16" ID. Clear tubing as mentioned above would make bends easy. 3/8" would probably slip on ok.


Ed

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0