The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (55shaker, Steelonsteel), 117 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,354
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
After spending several months with the frame, striping, sandblasting, painting, power brakes I finally mounted the cab today and did a test motor installation.
I have a 01 LS1 motor with a 4L60E trans with 47K miles.

Here's what needed;
Motor mounts - Modify or buy S&P type plates
Trans mounts - Purchase needed, where to get it?
Notching the K-Member for Compressor and Oil pan clearance
Modifying the MAC headers or get new one.
Get wiring harness and PCM work done - Getting this done in the upcoming week.

I'm starting to feel a lot better now that I've actually put the motor in for the first time.
http://photobucket.com/albums/y123/Howise1/55%20Chevy%20Truck/

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
You think that is a good feeling? Seeing the engine sitting between the rails!!!

Wait until you fire it up for the first time!!

Now that is a "feeling"... but wait until you pull it into the street for the first time!! wooo hooo... better than.... well almost.

I usually crank mine up for the first time at about 0200, with open headers.... keeps the neighbors on their toes, and tests the effectiveness of their car alarms.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
i can't wait for that feeling. i spent last night leveling my '59 frame getting ready for teh nova clip installation.

with i could afford the ls1 for my truck, i would have gone with a 6-speed though.


btw, your link doesn't work.


2003 ford lightning
1959 chevy 36
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
I can't get to the link either. Ya might wanna double check it.

64 Chevy C10
29 Model A Closed Cab Pickup

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
Sorry about that, let's try this once more.
http://photobucket.com/albums/y123/Howise1/55%20Chevy%20Truck/

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 158
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 158
Looks great!

Who's four link setup did you use for the rear?
Who's front?

Installation tips?

Thanks,
mark.
'51 KY 3100

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
I bought the 4 link and narrowed 9" rearend without the 3rd member for pretty cheap locally.
The front clip is from a 72 Camaro.
Tips:
Take your time and make a plan then do it right and be careful because you can easily start spending $$$ on stuff you really will not use, so plan and do lots of researching, there is so much information available in forums like this one and on the net, so just plan, plan then plan before you start the project.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 18
It's a TCI 4Link, I've seen the No Limit 4Link and if I had the money I would buy that one but I have a budget and I'm trying to be as close to it as possible.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0