The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (49nut, Otto Skorzeny), 84 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,337
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 33
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 33
Hey everyone. does anyone know how to find out the stall speed of any given GM torque converter? I have a 350ci/ TH-350 in my 36 chevy and a couple different torque converters... I'd like to know what I've got before I wedge it in between my engine & trans. thanks ~Mykk

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
The stall RPM on my aftermarket converter is stamped on it. Stock converters are usually rated around 1800 RPM.


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 51
'
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
' Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 51
Keep in mind Hot rod that the torque converter must be compatible with your application. I mean what did it come out of originally, I'm told that if it came out of a 3 ton piece of iron and you are putting it in something considerably lighter or heavier? that it might make a large difference in your stall! I'm a mechanic, a young one though but I think my statement is correct. take care.

Scott

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 148
you are correct. engine output, gearing, and vehicle weight all affect the stall speed. that is why they are normally listed with a range not just a single rpm point.


2003 ford lightning
1959 chevy 36

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0