| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,084 Posts1,056,334 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 33 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 33 | Hey everyone. does anyone know how to find out the stall speed of any given GM torque converter? I have a 350ci/ TH-350 in my 36 chevy and a couple different torque converters... I'd like to know what I've got before I wedge it in between my engine & trans. thanks ~Mykk | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 328 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 328 | The stall RPM on my aftermarket converter is stamped on it. Stock converters are usually rated around 1800 RPM.
Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 51 | Keep in mind Hot rod that the torque converter must be compatible with your application. I mean what did it come out of originally, I'm told that if it came out of a 3 ton piece of iron and you are putting it in something considerably lighter or heavier? that it might make a large difference in your stall! I'm a mechanic, a young one though but I think my statement is correct. take care.
Scott | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 148 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 148 | you are correct. engine output, gearing, and vehicle weight all affect the stall speed. that is why they are normally listed with a range not just a single rpm point.
2003 ford lightning 1959 chevy 36
| | |
| |
| |