The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,679
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
0
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
0 Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
Looking for a 1970 C30 transmission X member in the parts wanted section....Had a comeback for a C20....Does anyone know if the 20 & 30 share the same transmission X member?

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 168
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 168
This might not be relevant to you, but I successfully swapped an '85 c30 crossmember on to my '63 c10 frame, and I only had two holes that didn't line up. Squarebody (73-91) c30 crossmembers should work for you unless you are trying to stay original.


Liquidated my projects
Now looking for a decent '47-'55.1 3100, 3600, or 3800
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
0
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
0 Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
Originality is not an issue..My truck is an in process restoration with intention of using it when I have a chore for a 1 ton mason's dump truck.....This transmission X member is factory riveted in, so it will require some effort for someone to remove it from a doner vehicle..probably why nobody is chomping at the bit to sell me one... The frame & undercarriage of this truck has no rust, however the X member has rust holes that I can't explain, other than dirt getting packed in there acting as a sponge for 50 years...c20 & c30 share a lot of mechanical/suspension parts I just wanted a confirmed answer if the transmission X members are the same.....Thanks for your comeback...will keep it in mind.....

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 168
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 168
Wow, I completely misread your post. I thought you were looking for the front suspension crossmember for some reason. My bad.


Liquidated my projects
Now looking for a decent '47-'55.1 3100, 3600, or 3800
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
I would think it would be the same as a C20 and I think the 6 cylinder manual trans C10s also had a similar one.

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
0
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
0 Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
Have a 'wanted' ad, in 'truck parts wanted' Thanks


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0