The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1324656 09/03/2019 12:59 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
My 1954 has a rear-mounted gas tank, 20 gals. As you know for water runoff gas station's aprons are not level. My question is there a better position for the truck for the most accurate fill? Like front facing up or facing down the hill?


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 112
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 112
I don't know that I could say for the perfect angle given it's location between the frame rails. But I'd hazard a fairly educated guess it's nearly level. You might do well to get a magnetic "torpedo" level, and "stick" it somewhere flat (the hood?), or the bed side panel. I keep one on my dash. Overkill? Maybe. Just thought I'd mention it. smile

Chris


'64 Chev C20 LWB stepside (Ol'Blue)
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,049
Most gas stations have between 2% and 5% slope. It shouldn't make much difference at that point. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but most chains adhere to that standard. 2% is max for handicap access.


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0