| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (KEVINSKI),
160
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,230 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 | Have any of you used Restoration Parts Service (RPS). I need a windshield for my 54 3100 and they have the clear windshield for $129. I am skeptical because the next lowest price I see is &179. A lot of places want $224 RPS windshield
Last edited by dgrinnan; 09/02/2019 8:32 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Depends on the TOTAL price with shipping, which is $175. Total price without tax is $304. I buy from Bob's Classic Auto Glass. He has allowed me to pick up the glass at a nearby Pilkington warehouse. No shipping. I see he has a tinted 54. $255. Call Bob's in Oregon and see if you can pick it up in KY. He can supply the rubber, at a small discount, from Steele Rubber Co.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 22 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 22 | Its probably like a lot of things for our old trucks. One supplier in China all the vendors are using. You can always have a local glass shop cut the glass for you.
When setting goals in life. Always aim low to avoid disappointment
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 631 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 631 | Its probably like a lot of things for our old trucks. One supplier in China all the vendors are using. You can always have a local glass shop cut the glass for you. When I was doing mine, my local glass shop was twice the price of “Classic Parts”. The wholesale price of glass is amazing inexpensive.............retail price is all over the board. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 | I went with ClassicParts.com. I took advantage of their Labor Day 10% off and I have don a lot of business with them in the past. Trusted vendor. I found some reviews on google and it looks like Restoration Parts Service (RPS) is a one man operation and can sometimes take a long time to get your items shipped. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 | BIG sticker shock. I just received the quote for shipping on my $170 windshield. $169. Ouch! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 1,291 Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum | | Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 1,291 | Dave, I just got off the phone with Classic Parts. They have two of the windshields in stock and one was spoken for..........guessing that might be you. I bought the other one and I'm picking it up Friday. I was already going to the Kansas City Reunion and after reading your post and that of others decided to save myself some money by picking one up. Windshields cost a plenty with shipping , some vendors are as high as $575 with freight. You may want to regroup and consider Bartamos supplier ?
Ron - - Dusty53 1954 Chevy 3604In the Gallery Forum "You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell." "They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel." | | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 | I checked my local glass shop and they told me they order for Bob's Classic Auto Glass. Same supplier Bartamos suggested. I checked prices on the web with Bob's Classic Auto Glass. Price with shipping was more than Classic Parts by about $30. I am waiting for Bob's to open so I can check to see if there is a pickup location a reasonable distance from me for pick up.
Last edited by dgrinnan; 09/03/2019 2:54 PM.
| | |
| |
| |