The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (55shaker, 1946chevytruck, Otto Skorzeny, Wayne67vert, Wheelie, Shaffer's1950, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
Getting ready to install my headlights and am wondering if I need the 3 screw blocks for wiring. Don't see any holes in my inner fender walls so where did they mount ? Thanks for any help. Bill


1937 GC
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
They mount on the radiator/grill cowl. The same as my '38.
Attachments
1938 chevy field find.gif (311.64 KB, 55 downloads)


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
Could you send me a picture? Text pictures ok..906-284-9448 thanks Bill


1937 GC
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
The '37 did not have terminal blocks. The 3 wires to the headlight (high beam, low beam and parking light) terminate in a metal connector that plugs into the headlight bucket. I was missing these pieces when I purchased my truck. On the advice of someone familiar with a similar system in Model A Fords, I eliminated the metal connector and hard wired the headlights, leaving a foot long loop of each wire coiled in the bucket, in case the bucket needed to be removed and the wires cut, in the future. The connector is a source of trouble due to corrosion and poor contact leading to dim or non functional lights.

I have seen the connectors twice on Ebay in the past 4 years, so they are uncommon and no one makes a reproduction that I am aware of.

Kent

Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 08/28/2019 7:28 PM.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 298
Thank you for the reply Kent. No sure what I am going to do yet. Bill


1937 GC
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Sorry Bill, I misunderstood what you were asking. I thought headlight stands.
When I converted my headlights to HID's, I put inline connectors into the headlight bucket so I wouldn't have to cut wires at a later date.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,444
When I wired up my 39 with an aftermarket "stock"ish harness, I added a relay to the headlights, but there was no terminal block.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0