The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Guitplayer, TUTS 59, IHPWR), 185 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,227
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1320247 08/03/2019 1:48 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
0
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
0 Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
Recently picked up a 67 K20.. I immediately noticed below the openings of the cowl vent panel was packed with wet soggy leaves...I removed the panel, cleaned, washed, scuffed & painted to top of the cowl...Before I reinstall the vent panel, I want to put a screen to prevent anymore leaf build up...I have an idea of what to do, but was wondering if there was a fabricated aftermarket screen, or any idea's of what someone else did....I'm sure others have been down this road....Thanks

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
Marauder,
I had the same problem and I will likewise be making some sort of screen. I haven’t got to that bridge yet, but I do recall seeing an aftermarket screen somewhere. I’ll see what I can dig up if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

Be thankful you just had leaves! Mine was so bad that the very bottom of that cowl recess down deep in front of the door was full of black dirt! Compost quality! I could had sprouted the best darn potatoes in that dirt. I couldn’t believe it. I wash and rinsed and washed and rinsed the bugger out of those areas.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
0
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
0 Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
Seek & ye shall find.....Thanks for the link will order today !!!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
I used a piece of "hardware cloth" epoxied to the inside of the panel.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0