The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (IHPWR, Leo, Gdads51, Woodcmiami, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,344
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131843 03/05/2002 9:47 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 149
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 149
Is the IFS on a Hornet the same as the Pacer? I was reading the pro's and con about IFS and the Pacer looks like a good choice. I just ran across a AMC Hornet I couldnt get under to see the suspension so thought I would ask you guys thoughts on it. Thanks once again! cool


"Finish the thing, do it right the first time, and drive the S.O.B.!"

1949 Chevy half ton 3100 In a kazillion pieces
2000 GMC Serria 1500 SL 4x4
#131844 03/06/2002 2:42 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Mallard-I'm not sure if these two cars shared IFS or not-you might want to try browsing one of the AMC websites or rings out there and post a query or two. Or try "AMC Hornet" on your search engine. Happy Hunting.

Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
#131845 03/06/2002 3:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 149
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 149
Thanks! I found a Pacer yesterday Ol boy said he would have it out by the weekend. Thats a relief I sure wasnt looking forward to $2,000 for a M2 IFS. grin


"Finish the thing, do it right the first time, and drive the S.O.B.!"

1949 Chevy half ton 3100 In a kazillion pieces
2000 GMC Serria 1500 SL 4x4
#131846 03/07/2002 12:24 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
Ensure that replacement parts are still available for that AMC front end, otherwise, like that old "Fram" commerical said, "you could pay me now or you could pay me latter." You'd be better off putting a Camaro/Nova front clip because replacement parts are readily available from any parts house thru-out the good U.S of A. grin

#131847 03/07/2002 1:59 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 10
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 10
I am at the same stage you are at trying to make my mind up on which application I should choose pacer, mustang, etc. I dropped into our major auto parts store, Canadian Tire and they can still get any pacer front end parts that are needed to rebuild the front susp.The only problem with me is trying to find a pacer.Up here we drive snowmobiles 11 months of the year Ha Haa

#131848 03/07/2002 2:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 72
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 72
I heard somewhere that F**d bearings and roters would interchange. There was another thread I read about a ball joint interchange also. Might want to check it out for the best price.
Dennis

#131849 03/07/2002 4:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Hey, dabond-where's this other thread you're talking about? On another site? Pictures of the Pacer IFS that I've seen show ball joints that look alot like G.M. parts...I'm thinkin' maybe a spindle swap would be cool, to get bigger brakes and G.M. 5x43/4" bolt pattern (Camaro, Monte Carlo, etc) So where IS that thread, anyway?

Wannabe :confused:


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
#131850 03/07/2002 3:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 149
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 149
I checked on NAPA's web site and they have all the parts to rebuild it. Including the rack.


"Finish the thing, do it right the first time, and drive the S.O.B.!"

1949 Chevy half ton 3100 In a kazillion pieces
2000 GMC Serria 1500 SL 4x4
#131851 03/08/2002 1:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 72
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 72
Advance D-That's the problem. Seems I suffer from CRAFT more and more. Might want to check Rodder.com or the Rodding Round Table. I might say to check the HAMB, but the search feature is iffy to say the most. Hope this helps
Dennis

#131852 03/08/2002 3:59 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
dabond-thanks for the tip, I just checked out rodder.com. There was some discussion about the Pacer swap, but nothing any more in depth than what we've been talking about here. If anyone else hears anything, pass it on, will ya?

Thanks,
Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0