The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (ShopRag, LAROKE), 44 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,347
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1318053 07/17/2019 9:35 AM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Hello everyone, I'm Thomas from SC just picked up a new 37 Stovebolt and thinking to join this forum to know something about it. I'm so happy to be a part of this forum and an owner of 37.

Attachments
37 Stovebolt.jpg (7.57 KB, 96 downloads)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,417
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,417
Nice looking car. thumbs_up

Welcome

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Nice car, what truck do you have?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by J Lucas
Nice looking car. thumbs_up

Welcome

John

Thank you very much, John, for your warm welcome.

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10

Originally Posted by Rusty Rod
Nice car, what truck do you have?

Thanks, Rod, I have no truck yet but if the time with me so I must get a truck soon.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

Just a friendly gentle reminder, this is a dedicated TRUCK site.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Just a gentle suggestion. Many of the systems are similar between the cars and trucks. often even different brands of vehicles are similar. You can get valid advice, just make your questions generic. Obviously, you would need to ensure that any advice given would work for your vehicle. Did you know that GM offered a small pickup bed that slipped into the back of a Coupe?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thomas, a lot of us also belong to other web sites for our vehicle's. While you are certainly welcome here, and a lot of truck/car stuff are related, you may find the VCCA would be more in line with cars. Check them also........ and I love the 37 coupe. I'd love to have one to sit beside my 37 pickup!!! And welcome to Stovebolt.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

Just a friendly gentle reminder, this is a dedicated TRUCK site.

Thank you very much, sir.

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Rusty Rod
Just a gentle suggestion. Many of the systems are similar between the cars and trucks. often even different brands of vehicles are similar. You can get valid advice, just make your questions generic. Obviously, you would need to ensure that any advice given would work for your vehicle. Did you know that GM offered a small pickup bed that slipped into the back of a Coupe?

Thanks a lot for your great suggestion.

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Thomas, a lot of us also belong to other web sites for our vehicle's. While you are certainly welcome here, and a lot of truck/car stuff are related, you may find the VCCA would be more in line with cars. Check them also........ and I love the 37 coupe. I'd love to have one to sit beside my 37 pickup!!! And welcome to Stovebolt.

Thank you so much, guys, I make out what you say.

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
Thomas -- If you won't tell, we won't tell. smile As the Texans say, "You may not have been born here, but you got here as quick as you could."

You're wanting a truck, too. That's good enough for us!

But Alvin raises a good question, come to think of it .... Just how in the heck did we end up here, anyway? I think we're all deficient. Or maybe its just me ...


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thomas what part of S.C. are in.....in in Boiling Springs next to Spartanburg. I'd love to treat you to some BBQ or hot dogs and a cold pepsi.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by John Milliman
Thomas -- If you won't tell, we won't tell. smile As the Texans say, "You may not have been born here, but you got here as quick as you could."

You're wanting a truck, too. That's good enough for us!

But Alvin raises a good question, come to think of it .... Just how in the heck did we end up here, anyway? I think we're all deficient. Or maybe its just me ...

Hey John, thanks for continued discussion with me. I have not a lot of idea about the truck, so today I go with my friends in his truck, who's has an own vehicle, and he drives it from 12 years, and this is really great knowledge to me. The caring capability of the truck is excellent, and I pleased to see it.

Attachments
stove bolt truck..jpg (17.16 KB, 14 downloads)

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Thomas what part of S.C. are in.....in in Boiling Springs next to Spartanburg. I'd love to treat you to some BBQ or hot dogs and a cold pepsi.

I love your treat guys.
Attachments
Boiling Springs.jpg (9.08 KB, 13 downloads)


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0