The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (GDW, Gdads51, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny), 110 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1314211 06/13/2019 5:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
Hello bolters,
I am getting ready to re install the stock gauges. I have the Grommet set. The question is on the throttle/Choke/Oil pressure/Temperature. How is/was the Temperature gauge run through the grommet? My old one was rotten and gone. Do I cut a "Slit" on it to put the line through? I tried looking in my FAM but the pictures are not good.
Thank you in Advance.


1950 Chevy 3100
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
Not sure how it was done originally, but I did what you said. The end on the temp sender tube ain't going through the grommet. So I slit it and the put a little black weatherstrip adhesive on the slit. You can't tell it and it helps keep the grommet in the hole.


Mike

1951 3100 5 window
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Moderator for Tons o' Fun , Co-Moderator Driveline Forum
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,291
I 've got my 54' under plastic masking, but here is a photo of another person's truck and you can see that the originals were "slit" . That what I did when I replaced the grommets on my firewall.
Attachments
[email protected] (158.47 KB, 95 downloads)


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Online: Content
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 666
Great...once Installed I'll slit the one and put a dab of black adhesive. Thank you very much.


1950 Chevy 3100

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0