The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (klhansen), 158 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1310435 05/12/2019 12:23 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Okie Dokie ... A few of you have been asking where the Homecoming pictures are... Well how the heck should I know?????? Seriously, let me say this on Amtrakjoe's behalf as he is too much of a gentlemen to say it himself ...

BACK OFF, Bee otch.. um, I mean Brothers ... (yeah, brothers ... smile ). Cut brother Joe a little slack. I'm sure he is trying as hard as he can to get us those amazing (... um, they *are* amazing, aren't they Joe???) shots just as soon as he possibly can so let's all just be as patient as we can while he teaches himself Photoshop and gets us those amazing ubercamera shots we are all breathlessly awaiting, okay?

smile

(was that subtle enough ?)

Love you like the brother you truly are to me, Joe smile Oh, and it;s *next* weekend ... [elvis]


Last edited by John Milliman; 05/12/2019 1:56 AM.

~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Patiently waiting here. I lived it. So, no rush laalaa


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Thank you, Mike. Any word on the Montauk yet??? I put the Sakonnet in the water and had a fabulous shakedown -- ready to fly chase for you, bro!


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Originally Posted by Mike Roache
Patiently waiting here. I lived it. So, no rush laalaa

This...


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
Hey Guys - sorry it is taking so long........


1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
How about a few to hold everyone over that Tim or I took?
DB's on Friday.
Attachments
IMG_1848.JPG (234.83 KB, 315 downloads)
IMG_1849.JPG (214.98 KB, 317 downloads)
IMG_1850.JPG (228.73 KB, 314 downloads)
IMG_1851.JPG (210.5 KB, 313 downloads)
IMG_1852.JPG (193.25 KB, 306 downloads)

Last edited by 2-Ton; 05/12/2019 3:04 AM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
More.
DB's.
Mystery arrival.
And the dual header magic ice cream producer.
Attachments
IMG_1853.JPG (254.23 KB, 309 downloads)
IMG_1854.JPG (195.39 KB, 307 downloads)
IMG_1855.JPG (214.31 KB, 309 downloads)
IMG_1856.JPG (582.68 KB, 315 downloads)
IMG_1857.JPG (557.34 KB, 311 downloads)

Last edited by 2-Ton; 05/12/2019 3:06 AM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
A few from our road trip. chug
Attachments
IMG_2053.JPG (293.75 KB, 304 downloads)
IMG_2055.JPG (294.26 KB, 308 downloads)
IMG_2056.JPG (309.47 KB, 307 downloads)
IMG_2083 (1).JPG (343.62 KB, 304 downloads)
IMG_2151.JPG (267.54 KB, 298 downloads)


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
Leaving the compound Friday and headed to DB's. chug shake

Grigg II and Hambone, got just a little wet in that Triumph.
Put the top up?
We don't need no stinking top! dang

That's all for tonight folks.
Don
Attachments
IMG_1833.JPG (496.09 KB, 323 downloads)
IMG_1834.JPG (354.09 KB, 326 downloads)
IMG_1840.JPG (354.34 KB, 325 downloads)
IMG_1836.JPG (377.38 KB, 321 downloads)
IMG_1847.JPG (392.77 KB, 311 downloads)

Last edited by 2-Ton; 05/12/2019 3:17 AM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Sorry Joe ... It's great to be on this side of this particular issue for a change, so I was enjoying myself at your expense. I'll be better now.

If I caused you any anxiety or stress, I'm sorry.

Sort of ...

nanner


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Looks like you all had some fun! I wish I could have attended!

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
Just some random pics.
Attachments
IMG_2195.JPG (309.78 KB, 306 downloads)
IMG_1868.JPG (421.06 KB, 309 downloads)
IMG_2226.JPG (590.45 KB, 304 downloads)
IMG_2225 (1).JPG (574.18 KB, 302 downloads)
IMG_2238.JPG (366.97 KB, 292 downloads)


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 442
All, there were well over 700 photos on the Nikon. Thanks to Tim who picked up the camera and took a few.

Hit this link, click on one photo, then use your right arrow on the keyboard to scroll through the rest.

Enjoy, Joe

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QCHHwSZwktqtnGR27



1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Great job Joe!


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Joe, Thanks for posting all the great pictures...I had a great time seeing everyone!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Thanks Joe.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Nice work! Thanks for taking the time to share these photos with us.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Some awesome pictures have to be there to really appreciate them


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
B
Camp Commandant
Camp Commandant
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,399
Wow. Outstanding job Joe. The pictures really tell the story of a great weekend.

Thank you very much, I know that took a lot of time to put together.


~ Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division
1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures
1959 GMC 860 | Pictures
1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures
I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Wow, Joe -- It's one thing to have a nice camera. Its entirely another to actually know how to compose a great image that tells a story. HDR used to good effect.

Thanks!


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Great pics Joe!!!


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Fantastic pics. Worth the wait.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,598
As always Joe, you have a talent for taking and posting picture!

Thanks
Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
And now we see why I personally didn’t take a single picture the whole weekend.

Thanks Joe, very well done!


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

Great shots Joe , and thanks . Now I can show those that question the logic of my traveling all the way down south to join ( you all ) at the Stovebolt reunion my reasoning.
John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
John I can feel how the question the logic of the travelling but it’s a stovebolters thing they would never understand some call it a disease but a good one I have met a great group of people with no regrets


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Joey, Nice job by you, eh!
I really appreciate you captured me at my finest nono We will talk later! But as usual, you always do come through with the best effects to show off these magnificent pieces of rolling history.
Thanks, Pal!


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
Nice set of pictures Joe ! I think this is my 4th or 5th year and it is always good times with a great group of people and old iron ! Thanks for taking the time to get some nice pics !
Jim


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406

Here's some pictures I took On Friday on the way to meet other bolters for lunch, Was a great ride on great roads.
I did go on another ride on Saturday to Griggs house but I only got pictures of dust cause that's where I was left, in the dust by a flock of 1 tons and bigger .
In my defense I involved in a interesting conversation with Pops my carb instructor.

John
Attachments
20190426_114223.jpg (418.65 KB, 130 downloads)
20190426_132532.jpg (678.94 KB, 130 downloads)
20190426_114234.jpg (435.77 KB, 128 downloads)
20190426_132518.jpg (567.53 KB, 129 downloads)
20190426_132559.jpg (474.22 KB, 122 downloads)


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
Many thanks for all the great photos of the week end . It looks like a perfect gathering .


Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0