I am installing a 292 with a T5 into my 1950 using a 1956 bell housing and cross member and cant find any pictures on the hardware that fastens the rubber mount together. I have found the rubber mounts for sale but no hardware. If someone could provide some info or some detail on this I would appreciate it.
How are you attaching the 56 235 bell housing to the 292 block? That bell housing will not bolt directly to a later 292 Chevy block. I wish it did truth be told.
Here you go Mike, The original bell housing is flat where it mates to the crossmember where as this one is angled so in order to use it I will be replacing the crossmember as well. I need to do this because the original bell housing wont mate up to the 292 engine so it is driving me to a couple of modifications.
The components for the rear mount consist of the upper and lower mount, a 1/2" x 4" NC bolt, a steel sleeve, and a retainer that has a bend over tab. The mounts and the bolts are available through several aftermarket sources, the sleeves and retainers are not. The sleeves could possibly be made from a short piece of pipe, the retainers could also be fabricated. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine