Can anyone tell me what the difference is grills between the smaller 1/2 - 1 ton grill and the larger 1.5 - 2 ton grills for the 1947-1953 style trucks?
Are the horizontal bars the same between the smaller and larger grillss? Is it only the vertical supports behind the grill that are different?
Check the tech tips’ Advance Design Spotting Guide. Very concise article
~Charley 1954 Chevy 3100 with 235 “Bud” Follow along in the DITY 1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230 1954 GMC 3 ton 302 And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996
Thanks for the response. I have looked throught that article but I do not see any notes on the actual differences between the grills on the smaller and larger trucks for 47-53
I should incorporate that info into the tech tip referenced above. Maybe when I get some time ...
~ John
A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.
1949 Chevrolet 3804 In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum 1973 IH 1310 Dump 1963 Kaiser M38A1 2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie" 2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Mother Trucker: so you are saying the big bolt and small bolt grilles are the same width? There differences are only the height of the bars and the overall height? I would have not thought that... They "seem" wider and taller. Thanks!