The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Eileen, Mike'sPlace, Maybellene, Uncles51, 1 invisible), 91 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,296
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130278 06/07/2003 5:49 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 24
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 24
Ok...I'm pretty set on going with a mustang II setup. How do I choose between the 100 or so manufacturers of these crossmember kits. This is going to be a piece by piece purchase cause I can't drop 2000 bucks at once. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Big guy-first off, a hearty welcome to The 'Bolt... smile That said, The biggest recommendation I would make is stick with products from the same manufacturer. Sounds obvious, but you'll be sure to have a pile of stuff that will all work together if you buy all from the same place. Next thing to do is come up with a game plan for your project and stick with it! Do you "just" want a basic MII I.F.S.? Do you want a full-blown adjustable airbag suspension setup? Again, compatibility is the big issue here-in most cases, if you buy an airbag setup, then decide you just want coils or coilovers, you'll be SOL-the stuff won't be compatible, as the airbag crossmember was engineered for use with airbags.

As for different manufacturers, as you say lots out there. We used to have a pro rod builder here who hated Fatman Fabrications and swore by Heidt's Hot Rod Shop stuff. I'm sure you'll get many posts from different folks here who've done this conversion and their thoughts on the different kits available. cool

By the way, what kind of truck do you have?! :confused: That tidbit will be helpful for future postings. wink Best of luck with your project.

Regards,
Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 24
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 24
Yeah..I guess that little tidbit would be helpful..but it was late. I have a 1950 chevy/gmc truck. I'm planning on using Airride Technologies shockwaves and control arms with whatever crossmember I end up with. Any more tips or suggestions...

Thanks for the hearty welcome!


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0