The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (NJC, Gdads51, joe apple, 3B, 3800GUY, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1302320 03/09/2019 2:25 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
Howdy folks, long time no post. We are still moving into a new house 23 miles away!

Here's my question; does anyone know of a 2bbl intake to fit a 250/292 for a single 48 IDA Weber? I was thinking Aussiespeed but their catalog no longer shows it, if they ever had it. Aren't there a bunch of speed shops in South America with stuff like this? Anyone know how to contact them (if they exist?) I know the manifold existed/exists because I have a picture of an engine with one! I think I can put hands on the Weber but the intake is proving to be a hens tooth!

BTW, now that 12 bolt Tom no longer has cast iron headers for the 250/292 where can we get those as well?

Best wishes, Les

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
Not a smart a$$ question but have you worked with many Webers? We have them on several LSR Model A engines and they are the hardest carb to dial in I have ever experienced. Wouldn't attempt it without a dyno. To be fair once dialed in they stay tuned. Jon (carb king) can give you advice on this. Good chance you will have to fab a sheet aluminum intake and if no cast exhaust manifolds on the market then headers with 1/2" thick flanges and at least 16g tubing (14g better) will not give the usual header leaking problem---for awhile. Weber photos:

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/mhBpjJbn/IMG-3982.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/bsdTFj4m/IMG-3983-1.jpg[/img]


Evan
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
Hi, In both your pictures the carbs are DCOEs, exactly what I had on an 1100 Hufaker Bugeye that I drove and tuned for years. DCOEs are sidedraught and IDAs are downdraught. I have access to an Exhaust Gas Analyzer in a local shop, and on Saturdays I can go by and use it.It makes a world of difference in tuning and teaches you to recognize exactly what the symptoms are for different "out of tune" problems. I am interested in an IDE based intake. I HAVE A PHOTO of one but it is not sharp enough to read the logo on the intake.The very fact that the Webers are SO tunable is part of what I am looking for, since the owner of the shop I have access to has thousands (literally) of Weber bits in a large wall cabinet, should I need something. I still have my DCOE and intake from my long gone and lamented Bugeye that my intention is to trade for an IDA. Thanks for taking your time and best wishes, Les.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0