| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 | Hello, What are the differences in ORIGINAL VS. "REPOP" hinges? Mark's, numbers, ect. The ones I just pulled shows pretty good wear, pins ect. Just wondering the differences. As always, Thank you.
1950 Chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 934 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 934 | In the ideal world there shouldn't be any differences. Most of these if not all, are manufactured in China and some people here say that they just don't work like they should or there are fit and latching issues.
I tend to monitor websites and vendors that sell NOS parts for items such as hinges and latches because fitting doors and getting them to seal and latch is difficult enough.
I used a repop set on a 59 GMC once and took them off and found that even the worn latches worked better than the new repop latches. I jjut spend a little time on restoration and repair of the originals. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | Differences?
One type will work. (Or can be fixed easily)
The other will really make you crabby.
Fix the old ones or get NOS as Tom suggests. I had to weld up my striker plates, latch claws, rebuild the hinges with bushings and pins, and tweak the hinge arms.
IT WAS WORTH IT. I close my doors and THUD. They close beautifully.
| | |
| |
| |