The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51), 130 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,267
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Has anyone installed the fender stainless steel trim? Can anyone offer some advice on how I should go about this?

Scott


Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
PM sent

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
** Recently purchased the fender stainless as well as the fender spears for the Suburban I'm restoring from Jim Carter {but waited to buy until he ran a 15 percent off on them} both came with easy to follow instructions. Quality of the stainless was just about as nice as one could expect from the after market. Both were very easy to install and look really nice after installation. **

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Marzach, thanks for reporting back and for the update. I've been thinking about them.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 29
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 29
I bought the spears soon after they offered them new. I have the originals but they are beat up pretty bad. The new ones are an exact match and look great. I had to relocate the mounting holes a smidget but would bet that the factory holes aren't all the same. I have been contemplating buying the set since mine need polished and I am still missing the lower piece on the right rear fender.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Scott

Quote
buying and selling should take place in the swap meet

Last edited by tclederman; 02/28/2019 2:30 AM. Reason: Not quite a for sale offer, but not appropriate

Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Scott, place Parts Wanted post in the Swap Meet.

Last edited by tclederman; 02/28/2019 2:33 AM.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
I have been contemplating this purchase for my 54 pickup. Currently the strips (set of 12) are on backorder. Jim's ad says the rear ones need a little tweaking when used on the pickups - can anyone comment on this?

Joe


1955 First Series 3100
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Joe,

My guess is that you are asking anyone who has installed Jim Carter's Panel-body rear-fender stainless "strips/spears" on pickup rear fenders : how did the installation/tweaking go on those pickup fenders?

You might want to also post that question here: in the General Truck Talk forum, or, maybe in the Paint and Body Shop forum?


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0