The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, dt235sd, papas52, Bruce 1954-4100, tclederman, Forty9), 127 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1297901 02/07/2019 10:57 AM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone knows what the widest back tire I can use without changing rear fenders or bed in my 1950 3600. I'm trying to get this chassis rolling and don't have the sheet metal to go off of. Using the ford 8.8 rear end which h measure out the same as the 3100 stock rear.

I tried searching but I'm getting a few different numbers. I think I'm gonna stick with 26 tall.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
I had a 245/70/16 on mine at one time with no issues. I've seen some say that 255 is the widest without having some rubbing issues.. I think it all depends on how low you go, and the tire itself. Different tires have different tire bulge, etc... If your truck doesn't have a bunch of lean in the corners and not alot of axle flex, you could probably get a little wider in, but it would have to be perfectly centered.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
Hmm, yah I'm not sure about the different variables since it's on jack stands at the moment. Sounds like it would be best to buy some junk yard rims and tires until to mock it up and take measurements


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0