The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (3800GUY, NJC, fonz8261, MNSmith), 156 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,468
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
D
Vintage Truck & Tractor
Vintage Truck & Tractor
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
I just bought a 1960 chevy c 20 with 235 six banger. It is a long box but it has a service bed on it. Upon further exam, the boxes are bolted to the original long bed box. I didn't dig too deep, but it was hoping it all went over the original rear fenders The front little running board is gone though
Anyone ever seen anything like this before ?


Current project; 1961 C20, 235 I6
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
How about a photo?


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
D
Vintage Truck & Tractor
Vintage Truck & Tractor
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
I will get a photo tomorrow. I might add a little clarification. It is/was a step side box


Current project; 1961 C20, 235 I6
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Yes, I have seen stepside pickups with the add-on side boxes. Most appear to have the original fenders removed and the side "cabinets" installed. A photo would be good.


Professional Novice
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,099
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,099
My Dad's 48 GMC shop truck had a box above the left side bed rail with the original fenders in place. It got moved over to the 59 Chevy stepside that replaced it. No storage below the bedrail.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
D
Vintage Truck & Tractor
Vintage Truck & Tractor
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
I got held up before I could fetch my truck. The day after my original post I had a heart attack and ended up in hospital 150 miles away. Been recuperating at home last few days . Might be awhile till I can get it home.


Current project; 1961 C20, 235 I6
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Take care of yourself Dave. Get back to us and the truck when you can.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
You're more important than a truck.


Professional Novice
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893

Well that will definitely slow down progress, get well soon... and do your physical therapy if you want to get better. xD

Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
D
Vintage Truck & Tractor
Vintage Truck & Tractor
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 83
The first day of cardio therapy was yesterday.. the next is this Thursday. I am looking forward to it. Thanks guys.


Current project; 1961 C20, 235 I6

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0