LOL - my point is I wanna make this cold air induction for the engine... I brought this up over at hotrodders.com , and they thought it was a pretty cool idea... I'm
I'm also going to do the mechanical injectors like this on a 400 stroker with 6" rods. all in all it should be a great running motor with a bit of a unique / trick setup.
it'll take some good fabrication work, but should make for a pretty fun project!
Solo, I think I saw that done on a car in Hot Rod or Car Craft a while a go. basically they just cut a hole in the front part of the firewall and rigged up a duct from there to the air cleaner.
it doesn't get a 100 degree's where I live... no I'm not puting a/c in... besides from my engine learning the engine compartment is always hotter then the outside air. (correct me if I'm wrong here... oh silly me I'm sure that will happen... LOL )
yea thats kinda thinkin is to cut a hole in the firewall for the induction one I get the engine in, and figure out where it's gonna sit. I'm going to have to fabricate or purcase the little dishes for the manual injectors with a filter & a couple drains. should be lot of fun!
The problem you will have is, you can't shut the vent. If you use a aircleaner with snorkles with the hot tube valves, you could rig them to open when the cowl is closed. If they don't shut, then you have hot air anyway. I would go with the tubes under the headlights. Insulate the tubes and you are good to go. You also need to ride in a truck with the cowl vent open to see just how much air you really get. The freshest air is in front of the grill, not over the hood. Check out the real fast race cars, the scoops are out high above the hoods well in front.
Before I put a scoop on my race car, I taped sticks on the hood with small flags on them. The only air that was really moving was 8-10" above the hood about 3" back from the grill, and right at the base of the windshield. The difference between a car laid back windshield and a truck straight up windshield is a lot. The air may not be where you think it is.
This would be a cool modification, but the logistics of making it work may out way the coolness.
okey dokey solo way out there in wyoming where i remembers snow lots of snow and wind lots of wind so i tells you a story
i had hilborn port injectors (and guys are convertin them to electroinc now days) on a big ol pontiac motor in me 55 choped top nomad type pontiac straight front axle gas class car ooyea cruze lejacks drive in shut it down shoot de bullfoot with de fonz type of guys lol
manomano me pal hopaho done got me into a drag race down on de somerton ave drag strip so we goes opens de hood takes de can and squirts gas crank and we rump rump whaaaaaa go drag racein.
snow pack going to be a problem from having de cowl open. air tubes over the top of the dist is the pits. keep it as a vent if you duct to each side of the raidator the frontal pressure will be greater in front of the radiator then at the cowl area
hey its cool to cruz with de vent closed mo slicker
i thinkzz traveling along at terminal velocity will soon wear a body out.
i will not die in shame if i never finish my dreams because my family iz my reality
can't wait until we can bed de ponys down, lite de fire, put on a big ol pot of coffee, and talk about how strong and brave our teams are.
yea there's electronic port injector systems off late stock chev sbs that you can do a lot with and done right are pretty high performance items
if you got one off a late model wreck with the wiring looms to control it might be cheeper too
but hilborns are real racey lookin. and they made a bunch of them check out this food for de mind simple digital fuel injection systems thinkzzzz solo your eye lids are gettin heavy thinkzzzzz me boy then get back here and tell us what you thinkzzzzzzz
i thinkzz traveling along at terminal velocity will soon wear a body out.
i will not die in shame if i never finish my dreams because my family iz my reality
can't wait until we can bed de ponys down, lite de fire, put on a big ol pot of coffee, and talk about how strong and brave our teams are.
Have you considered cutting a hole in the sheet metal between the radiator and headlight behind the grill and piping it through the inner fender? If you do the math on this scoop in clean air it picks up 1 psi at 200 mph so I don't know how much scooping is going on.