The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (mick53, 2-Ton, stlcardinalsguy, Wally / Montana, Steelonsteel, Uncles51), 75 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,464
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1290467 12/10/2018 1:31 AM
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 17
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 17
This is my 71 GMC that I found in Michigan last year. I have done my share of restoration work, but this one was done for me by the previous owner who did an excellent job. According to the VIN plate it came with the 396 engine and paint / trim package that you see in the photos. The previous owner had the engine professionally machined and rebuilt and it runs like dream. I searched for this type of truck because I had the identical model (with a 307) as my first vehicle when I was in high school and I always wanted it back. It also has a shift kit, headers, and dual exhaust, and an aftermarket steering wheel, but otherwise it is mostly stock, which is what I was looking for. All of the bodywork was done to perfection without a ripple or wave anywhere and it looks like glass. The truck is an absolute pleasure to drive and it runs awesome! The wheels are from an 80's vintage but they look good so I left them alone, This is also the first year for disk brakes on these trucks so it has the logo on the tailgate. I live in Massachusetts so it gets stored in the winter and I take it out whenever I can once the salt is gone!
Attachments
[email protected] (73.13 KB, 60 downloads)
[email protected] (69.52 KB, 59 downloads)
[email protected] (65.89 KB, 58 downloads)
[email protected] (80.38 KB, 58 downloads)
20180317_083120.jpg (222.88 KB, 57 downloads)

Last edited by DBJ51Delux; 12/10/2018 1:37 AM.

55 GMC 3100 2nd Series
71 GMC 1500 Super Custom
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 17
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 17
Thanks for the welcome! This is a cool site...I look forward to more info and sharing of ideas!


55 GMC 3100 2nd Series
71 GMC 1500 Super Custom
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,414
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,414
Sharp truck, I love the two tone paint, side trim and chrome bumpers. The factory air and deluxe interior is cool as well.

Welcome

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Welcome to the Bolt!
That is a beautiful truck!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Love it ! My uncle had one of those that looked very similar.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
welcome to the 'bolt.

Please scroll through the various forums to see what they have to offer.

Make sure to check out the rules of the page as well.

Questions pertaining to your problem are welcome and will usually get answered quickly.

There are many "how I done it's" here as well that can be found using the search feature.

Photo posting instructions are in the left margin of every page, unless you’re using a cell phone.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0