The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Barry Martak, Gib70, Gray_Ghost, 55shaker), 64 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 25
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 25
I was wondering if any fo you guys have used a stock '60 speedo in with a th 400.. the cable I remove from the '85 has a different end on it and will not install into the '60 housing.. Any ideas on this problem .. do older chev cables work?? like in the 60's or 70's?? I really like the old cluster I have it all reapainted and the outer trim polished like mirror.. If I cannot find a cable that will work are there aftermarket guages out there that will accept the '85 speedo cable??thank you

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
If the speedometer is out, take it down to local parts house and start looking at cables. I had no problem finding a cable for my '37 gauge and Turbo 350 transmission. Joe

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
i know that the dash panel is different,but the powerglide cable on my 64 hooked right up to my turbo 400.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 25
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 25
Thanks alot guys ~ ! I have hope now!


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0