The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,572
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
I am changing all 4 leaf springs with some new ones I bought online at http://generalspringkc.com. I also got new shackles, but have a question about what to do for the other bolts. I am unable to find them anywhere. They appear to be a 5/8 x 3-1/2 inch greasable bolt. Not sure the proper name for them and not finding them/much about them online. I have the left rear spring off currently and the gease passage ways are petrified and there is a fair amount of wear/rust on that bolt.

Also, looks like my new springs already have a bushing in them. Can anyone tell me if that is true/standard practice or do I need to do anything there before re-installing?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by wilsjay; 11/17/2018 2:26 PM.

Jason

Working on my first restomod on a 1950 3100 Shortbed (235 engine, 3 on the tree, disc brakes, etc.)

1950 Chevy 3100

Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 146
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 146
Attachments
d-16557-889.jpg (15.29 KB, 108 downloads)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
They are known as "wet bolts". Do a search for leaf spring wet bolts or for leaf spring eye bolts. You will find a number of "hits" in a range of prices.


Evan
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
@JayZed, the bolts from that pic are what I am looking for as I have the shackles.

@coilover, I did a search on wet bolts, grease bolts, and zerk bolts. I got a bunch of hits and you were not kidding on range of prices, but was unable to find the size I need.


This is exactly what I am looking for. Would love find a cheaper resource than dropping $130 on 4 bolts!

Last edited by wilsjay; 11/17/2018 2:42 PM.

Jason

Working on my first restomod on a 1950 3100 Shortbed (235 engine, 3 on the tree, disc brakes, etc.)

1950 Chevy 3100

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,300
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,300
I had good luck with www.springsnthings.com NAPA sent some that were too long and Rock Auto ordered some that were in a GM box that were also for the wider later springs.

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 93
Thank you everyone! Classic parts with our Stovebolt discount for the win. Part of the problem, was I didn't know what I was looking at/for, as I had actually looked at their picture before and it didn't look like mine! This picture shows it with the bushing already on the bolt and i thought it was one piece so their picture looked nothing like the old bolt I had in my hand. Side note, my new leaf springs already has this bushing installed.

Classicparts Spring Eye Bolt

Last edited by wilsjay; 11/17/2018 6:48 PM.

Jason

Working on my first restomod on a 1950 3100 Shortbed (235 engine, 3 on the tree, disc brakes, etc.)

1950 Chevy 3100


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0