The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 133 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,175
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 66
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 66
I have a 53 GMC 9300 and I think something is missing on the underside of the hood.

I have looked at several other posts and I see people talking about springs and cross supports on the under side of the hood. All I have under mine is a hinge on either side with no spring.

The hood has a suppot rod to hold it up but it seems a little flimsy to me when its up.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
Their should be springs there. Sometimes people cannot get the hood to sit down properly with springs so they take them off. Other times the springs get stiff and fold the hood in half when you pull down on it so they are removed again.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
Here is a picture of the spring you need. If you need a picture of the cross support let me know. I will take a picture and send it to you. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2944537390032470346syENVI
Hope this helps. Cecil......

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 66
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 66
Thanks guys I thought there were a couple of things missing.

Cecil;
Thanks for the picture it help explain what the bolt holes were for on the firewall and hood.
If you could send me a picture of the cross support I would appreciate it. I have no idea how it would go under there but I figured something should stop the hood from being so flimsy.

Dave


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0