Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Rusty Rod),
80
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 671 | Hello Bolters, I am currently working on the interior of my 1950 3100 truck. My question is where the floor pan meets the firewall (I think) , I can see light . Was this sealed or? It's right below the clutch pedal. About 8" or so. Any direction or advise would be great. The floors are in pretty good shape with small amounts of rust. Todd Thank you All. Repairs are in process & almost done.@@@@
Last edited by Shaffer's1950; 10/13/2018 4:36 PM.
1950 Chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,518 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,518 | Typical to see the effects of rusting in this area. The floor is thinning, I had the same in my 53 and there were no other problems in the rest of the truck. Mainly caused from water trapped between the rubber mat and the floor and it progresses over the past 70 years. Correctly fixed, it needs to be cut out and a new corresponding patch panel to be spot welded in, then primed painted undercoated. Band aid fixes can include wire brushing rust treatment primed painted and sealed. 1953 Chevrolet 3100261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY GalleryVideo of the 261 running1964 GMC 1000305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 671 | sstock, Is it ONE piece where floor pan goes up to firewall. To me it looks like two pieces come together and the seal is now gone? Hair line light coming through. Perfectly level, from left to right. Todd
Last edited by Shaffer's1950; 09/29/2018 7:59 PM.
1950 Chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 | Seal sealer is called for in that area according to the Factory Assembly Manual. Clean it free of dirt and rust, prime, paint , then apply seam sealer.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 671 | 52Carl, Thank you very much. What page # is that on? In the factory assembly manual? I missed it completely. Todd
1950 Chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,296 | All I can say is look for it towards the end of the manual. That book is hard to navigate.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 | It would be far easier to see pics of what you are having to deal with, vs, description. 8" below the clutch pedal?
Last edited by cmayna; 10/02/2018 2:30 AM.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 | I sure don't find anything in the shop manual regarding this specific issue. In a couple days, I will pull back my floor mat to see what I have in my "green turd"
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 | The OP sent me a pic and yes it's rot just above or below the firewall/floor panel seam. Looking at mine, I also have a little slit of rot in same area.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | |
| |