The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (RLB, 1955 1 Series, Peggy M), 101 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,542
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 89
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 89
I have been - basically - taking this truck apart down to the nuts and bolts, and cleaning/repairing/replacing what I can. Last evening, I decided to tear into the front axle. I found that the front "bushing loop" is completely gone on one set of leaf springs (passenger side). Is it feasible to replace just that spring, or should I replace the whole stack? the rest look to be in good shape......Thanks!

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Is it a 1947 early that looks like the pre war ones or is it a late 1947 that looks like the 1950s models. On the late series springs are the same on 1/2 and 3/4 ton. Replacements are readily available and I would recommend replacing the pair if you want the thing to stand up straight.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0