| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 | As I'm a rookie and have only been spray painting for about a year I've put my 3rd coat of paint on the cab of my 46. I wet sanded between coats and on the third coat there is a couple of blemishes or dull spots I suspect from the paint flashing or drying too quickly. To bring these small areas up to match the others would it be better to use rubbing compound or wet sand with a very fine emery cloth. I intend to put 2 coats of clear on top. Any help would be appreciated. By the way whomever invented gravity feed spray guns was a genius, what a difference from the old suction type guns Thanks Bob T | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 33 | Bob, What kind of paint are you using? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 | High gloss automotive enamel finish. Bob T | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | You'll need to wet sand before clearing anyway.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | When I did mine, I wet sanded in 3 stages, starting with 1500, the 2000, then finishing with 2500 grit wet or dry automotive sandpaper. Then final buffed with polising compound.
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |