The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Eileen), 271 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,181
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128090 09/11/2007 6:17 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 144
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 144
As I'm a rookie and have only been spray painting for about a year I've put my 3rd coat of paint on the cab of my 46. I wet sanded between coats and on the third coat there is a couple of blemishes or dull spots I suspect from the paint flashing or drying too quickly. To bring these small areas up to match the others would it be better to use rubbing compound or wet sand with a very fine emery cloth. I intend to put 2 coats of clear on top. Any help would be appreciated. By the way whomever invented gravity feed spray guns was a genius, what a difference from the old suction type guns Thanks
Bob T

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 33
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 33
Bob,
What kind of paint are you using?

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 144
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 144
High gloss automotive enamel finish.
Bob T

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
You'll need to wet sand before clearing anyway.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
When I did mine, I wet sanded in 3 stages, starting with 1500, the 2000, then finishing with 2500 grit wet or dry automotive sandpaper. Then final buffed with polising compound.


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0